The Universitätsenergie Göttingen GmbH (UEG) invites in close cooperation with the Geoscience Centre (GZG) of the Georg-August-University Göttingen applications for the position of a
Structural Geologist for Conceptual Reservoir Modelling (f/m/d)
(E 13 TV-L, 100%-postdoc Position)
starting as soon as possible. The full-time position (currently 39.8 working hours per week) is limited to 1.5 years.
The position with the UEG, a 100% subsidiary of the University of Göttingen with the focus of energy supply and provision of services for the University, is embedded in the EU-Horizon 2020 project „MEET (Multidisciplinary and multi-context demonstration of EGS Exploration and Exploitation Techniques and potentials, https://www.meet-h2020.com)”. The development of a geothermal reservoir model for the Göttingen University campus will take place in close cooperation with the Structural Geology and Geodynamics department of the Geoscience Centre and also with the working group “Geothermal Science and Technology” at the Institute of Applied Geosciences of the Technical University of Darmstadt.
- Review of existing conceptual models specifically considering mechanical layering
- Developing a conceptual model from field-based structural 3D-models of folded and thrusted as well as fractured metasedimentary successions at different scales
- Developing a workflow for transferring field data in a conceptual model (e.g. stochastic discrete fracture network modelling) to eventually provide data for a deep geothermal reservoir model in cooperation with MEET-Partners
- Parametrizing the models with rock petrophysical data with a focus on anisotropies
- Contributing with and to publications and Reports
- PhD in the field of 3D-modelling in Structural Geology and experience with adequate software as e.g. 3D-Move, GOCAD, Petrel
- Solid background in FEM and DFN-modelling, e.g. FracMan
- Background in stress field analyses and modelling
- Solid understanding of integrated scientific approaches and conceptual thinking
- Good spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Availability to travel across Europe and driving license class B
Further desirable qualifications and skills:
- Experience in collaborative research Projects
- Background in deep geothermal Reservoirs
- Background in Variscan Geology and/or fold and thrust belt Systems
Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Bernd Leiss (email@example.com, +49 551-397934) or Dr. Bianca Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 551-3912840) at UEG/GZG if you have any further questions. You are also free to contact Dr. Kristian Bär (email@example.com, +49 6151 16 22295) as our cooperation partner at TU Darmstadt.
The Universitätsenergie Göttingen GmbH is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The UEG has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the UEG is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given Preference.
Please submit your application including all relevant documents until 2019.11.04 exclusively via e-mail in one pdf-document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation
Job offer as PDF: